Make it a Dazed and Infused Kickin’ Chicken!
In the spirit of crafting community, we’ve teamed up once again with our friend, Chef Daniel Asher. He is the creator of this mouthwatering cannabis infused recipe and co-owner of Boulder-based River and Woods restaurant.
Especially relevant is River & Woods’ alignment with The Farm’s values. This true community restaurant—located in the iconic, former John’s Restaurant cottage on Pearl Street—focuses on local agriculture, sustainable sourcing and food justice.* Through these ideals, River & Woods serves up an elevated taste of Colorado comfort cuisine and a next-level dining experience.
Cannabis Infused Roasted Organic Citrus Chicken
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 28 minutes
- 4 split chicken breasts (skin on or one whole chicken cut in half, backbone removed and trimmed). Pasture-raised, organic if possible.
- 1/4 cup herbs de Provence
- 1/4 cup old bay
- 1/4 cup Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- Mix well
Cannabis Infused Citrus Oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 capfuls of Colorado Cannabis Co. olive oil (20 mg)
- 2 fresh lemons, juiced
- Whisk well
Steps to a Tender, Delicious, Juicy Chicken
- Dry rub chicken with spice blend. Massage until well coated
- Rub with olive oil lemon mixture until well coated, making sure the herbs are evenly distributed
- Preheat oven to 400˚F
- Place chicken on baking sheet, skin up. Cook for 20 minutes until the skin is crispy and delicious.
- Rub chicken with a 1/4 stick of butter and turn down oven to 350˚F
- Cook for an additional 8 minutes until internal thermometer reads 165˚F
- Remove from oven and, while hot, glaze with:
- 3/4 cup local honey
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 capfuls of Colorado Cannabis Co. infused olive oil (total THC: 40 mg, 10 mg per serving)
- Top with sliced lemons, finishing salt, and serve with roasted organic veggies and grains of choice
Serve this cannabis infused dish to your family and friends with the spirit of community, love, and mindful cooking.
Happy Holidays from all of us at The Farm and River & Woods!
You may also want to check out our cannabis pairing Thoughtful Stuffing recipe—vegetarian, locally-sourced, zero-waste focused, and delicious.
About Chef Daniel Asher
Chef and Partner Daniel Asher is thrilled to be a part of the River & Woods experience. His obsession with local agriculture, sustainable sourcing and food justice* has been his focus for over two decades in the restaurant industry.
As the former Culinary Director of The Edible Beats Group, one of the most successful hospitality brands in the region, Daniel helped to define true farm-to-table cuisine in Denver. He was part of Root Down’s rise to success and opened Linger, Root Down at Denver International Airport, and most recently, Ophelia’s Electric Soapbox. Chef Daniel continues to oversee sustainability and culture for the group.
In summary, Chef Daniel thrives on seeking the next level of dining excellence and community engagement. River and Woods is the culmination of his experience and passion. It is an expression of the joy and inspiration that comes from gathering at the table to share real, thoughtfully prepared food.
*Food Justice is communities exercising their right to grow, sell, and eat healthy food. Healthy food is fresh, nutritious, affordable, culturally-appropriate, and grown locally with care for the well-being of the land, workers, and animals.