Marijuana Dinner Pairing | Satisfying Nourishment for Hectic Schedules
- a firm decision to do or not to do something.
- the quality of being determined or resolute.
Embark upon your 2019 journey with intention.
Resolve to navigate the seasons purposefully.
Consider yourself lightly & the world heavily this year.
The Ultimate Weeknight Marijuana Dinner for an Active Lifestyle
As anyone who has ever fallen back on a New Year’s resolution before knows, setting a destination may be initially easy. But life oftentimes swoops up our good intentions in a whirlwind of deadlines, pick-ups, drop-offs, emails, phone calls, and even the occasional cold or flu.
Whether the goal is exercising more, eating healthier, or just making time for a couple’s dinner once a week, oftentimes we find ourselves foregoing original plans to accommodate the frenzied pace of modern life.
Join The Farm as we turn over a new leaf this January with nourishing food, cleansing tea, Ripple™ infused-powder, and/or small-batch artisan cannabis flower by The Farm Genetics.™ Read below to learn about our “Resolution Roast”—the perfect quick-prep weeknight dinner to allow more time for your cross-fit workout or endless errands, while simultaneously providing sustenance for your body, mind, and spirit.
The Resolution Roast Recipe
Dry-Seasoned Chicken Drumsticks and Oil-Tossed Root Vegetables featuring an Infused Country White Gravy, Slow-Roasted in a Cast-Iron Baking Sheet. We recommend choosing local, organic or bio-dynamic ingredients, whenever possible, for optimal results.
- ~6-10 chicken drumsticks
- 1 large sweet potato
- ~4-6 medium carrots
- 1 large yellow onion
- Olive oil
- Himalayan pink salt
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- Dried thyme
- Dried basil
- Fresh-ground coriander seed
- Organic cane sugar
- Small dash of white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- ~3-5 TBSP. butter
- ~1/4 cup all-purpose flour (gluten free: substitute w/ white rice flour)
- ~2-3 cups organic whole milk
- 1-2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1-2 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper
- Small dash of white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- Small dash of minced garlic or powdered garlic
- 1 packet of Stillwater’s Ripple beverage-enhancer featuring 1:1 CBD/THC ratio (5mg/each).
- 9″ x 13″ heavy cast-iron oven sheet
- Chicken-roasting wire rack to fit into above 9″ x 13″ sheet
- Multi-Purpose/Santoku cutting knife
- 1-2 qt. non-stick saucepan
- Heat-resistant stirring utensil
- Large glass bowl
- Large cutting board
- Assemble all equipment mentioned above in a clean and relatively-organized kitchen space
- Begin by removing all chicken from packaging, patting each drumstick dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture from the skin. Place chicken drumsticks on a paper towel-covered plate and let air-chill in the refrigerator uncovered, while you prepare the other ingredients. This allows the skin to dry-out for crispier texture once baked.
Note: you can allow the chicken to dry out like this for ~5-8 hours if you want really crispy chicken skin.
- Begin pre-heating the oven to 400° F.
- Gather vegetable ingredients, Santoku knife, and glass bowl.
- Chop all vegetables into relatively large, but still bite-sized chunks. They will be roasted in the oven for over an hour and small bits may become too charred or burnt during the cooking process.
- Place all vegetable chunks in the glass bowl. Lightly drizzle with olive oil, vinegar, and top with spices mentioned above to-taste.
- Toss the vegetables thoroughly in the bowl to coat-evenly and mix with the oil/spices.
- Place vegetables in the bottom of the cast-iron baking sheet in an even layer.
- Place roasting rack on top of the vegetables.
- Remove chicken drumsticks from the refrigerator.
- Mix above-mentioned spices together in desired ratios and place decent amount of spice mix in a bowl.
- Rub skin of chicken drumsticks in the spice bowl to thoroughly coat and infuse with flavor.
- Place chicken drumsticks, well-spaced apart, on the roasting rack. Note: as the roast cooks, the chicken juices will drip into the vegetables below, both enriching the flavor of the vegetables, as well as allowing your chicken to become crispier.
- Place entire roast into the oven. Cook for ~65-75 minutes, depending upon the altitude, how crispy you want your chicken, etc. More time equates to crispier skin.
- Begin cooking sauce with ~5-10 minutes left on the chicken/vegetable roast for perfect timing.
- Place butter in saucepan and begin heating over low-medium heat.
- As the butter begins melting, slowly and continuously mix in flour, stirring thoroughly.
- Turn the heat up to medium
- Immediately slowly begin pouring milk, still stirring continuously, into the saucepan. Mix well.
- Add desired seasonings or spices, such as Himalayan salt, fresh-ground black pepper, and minced or powdered garlic. Add a dash of vinegar if desired as well.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for ~4-7 minutes, until the sauce is properly thickened and at a desirable consistency.
- Remove from heat.
- Add your Stillwater Ripple packet to the sauce, whisking thoroughly to mix. DO NOT LET COOK FOR EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME OR IT MAY LOSE POTENCY/EFFECT.
- Immediately, use the country gravy to top your personal plate of roasted chicken drumsticks and vegetables. Use as much as desired.
Pairing Guide featuring The Farm Genetics™ Craft Cannabis
Even among the busiest of schedules, we always suggest to take a short break, rest your soul, & rejuvenate your mind while you eat. Please enjoy our pairing recommendations to complement and enhance your culinary experience.
Cannabis Pairing Option #1 (Break between Tasks):
- “Wild Blue Yonder“ | Sativa-Hybrid by The Farm Genetics™
Cannabis Pairing Option #2: (Time to Unwind):
- “Battle Star“ | Indica-Hybrid by The Farm Genetics™
- Genmaicha Green Tea | Japanese Sencha Green Tea mixed with Toasted Brown Rice
- Note: Brew it using local El Dorado spring water in a Japanese-style iron tetsubin kettle.
- Tara Healing Incense | Manufactured and supplied by Tashi Choeling Monastery
Because this cannabis pairing is intended to be a mindful break between busy activities, speed and functionality are the name of the game. Our roast and infused country white gravy combination barely take 15-20 minutes of hands-on time and can feed multiple people (or store as leftovers). You will notice a pleasant juxtaposition of sweet and savory flavors between the sweet potatoes/carrots vs. the chicken and gravy.
The peppery notes of Wild Blue Yonder blend well with the country gravy, and its typically invigorating mental effects are often conducive to continued planning or creative work. On the other hand, Battle Star’s engaging sour flavors accentuate the light vinegar and allium tones throughout the roast, while its usually powerful and dreamy effects may assist you in winding down from a long day.
The Japanese genmaicha toasted rice and sencha tea both complements the toasted and roasted flavors throughout the dinner, while simultaneously providing a palette-cleansing, oceanic flavor and reducing digestive acidity resulting from the meal, making one tend to feel less bloated. The Tara healing incense has complex musky and earthy aromas derived from all-natural plant sources to assist in calming your spirit. Meanwhile, the musical accompaniment, which is short enough to enjoy during a quick meal, is intended to make you swing through a complex range of emotions and invigorate your senses as the meal begins.
Enjoy craft cannabis and artisan home-style food as you “Craft Your Path” this year. Order Wild Blue Yonder, Battle Star, and Ripple infused-packets via our Online Shop!
We at The Farm send our best wishes as your 2019 journey commences.